Mutual Exchange: Application & Registration

If you want to swap homes with another tenant you must apply to us in writing. You can apply to swap with tenants of other housing associations and local authorities.

Unfortunately, the UK government has discontinued both the HOMES and HomeSwap Mobility Schemes. Tenants still wishing to be registered on a nation-wide home swap database should visit Scout Solutions’ replacement service, Homeswapper.

Application Forms

Why was my exchange request refused?

Reasons for turning down a request for an exchange include the following:

If we refuse permission we will tell you why, if the reason refers to an issue with your tenancy. When you exchange, you must accept the house in the condition you find it. If the decoration is poor, or if the other tenant has damaged the property, we will not repair or redecorate it.

Get In Contact

Telephone: 01292 880120
Office: 119 Main Street, Ayr, KA8 8BX
Submit an enquiry

Sign up for our new newsletter by entering your email address below and clicking 'Subscribe':