- The scheme covers certain repairs up to the value of £350. These are known as ‘qualifying repairs’.
- Our staff will tell you if your reported repair is one of these.
- We will tell you the last day for the the job to be done and give you details of can alternative contractor.
- You are entitled to get the other contractor to do the repair should the first one fail to carry out the repair on time.
- You must use a contractor from our approved list.The second contractor will then advise us that you have asked them to carry out the repair.
- You have the right to compensation for the inconvenience.
List of Qualifying Defects and Repairs
|Blocked flue to open fire or boiler||1|
|Blocked/leaking foul drains, soil stacks, toilet pans (where there is no other toilet in the house)||1|
|Blocked sink, bath or basin||1|
|Complete loss of electric power||1|
|Partial loss of electric power||3|
|Insecure external window, door, lock||1|
|Unsafe access path or step||1|
|Leaks or flooding from water or heating pipes, tanks or cisterns||1|
|Loss or partial loss of gas supply||1|
|Toilet not flushing (where there is no other toilet in the house)||1|
|Unsafe power or lighting socket or electrical fitting||1|
|Complete loss of water supply||1|
|Partial loss of water supply||3|
|Loose or detached banister/handrail||3|
|Unsafe timber flooring or stair treads||3|
|Mechanical extractor fan in internal kitchen or bathroom not working (where no external window or door)||7|
If you need to contact an alternative contractor, you will be entitled to compensation of:
- A £15.00 basic amount, plus
- £3.00 for every day from the day the repair should have been done until the day that it is completed.
This is subject to a maximum of £100 for any one repair.