We’ve written to all our tenants outlining our proposals for the rents to be charged from 1 April 2020. Here’s the consultation letter. We’ve also included a summary of the recent survey of your views.
We’re asking everyone to tell us their views.
All the responses will be considered by the Board at its meeting on 26 February when it will finalise its budget and set the rents for the next twelve months.
The Board is suggesting an increase of no more than 2.9% which, for a typical 2 bedroom house is no more than £2.60 a week. The Board, in making this proposal, is trying hard to reconcile the real financial pressures facing tenants alongside the need to try and maintain services of a high standard and quality. We are, however, experiencing real increases in our costs particularly from our contractors and suppliers.
During this year and next the association is planning to spend over £5 millions on repairs, maintenance and improvement works to our houses. This level of spending is dependent on us having the required rental income.
Please take the time to read the Board’s proposal and make your views known in any of the following ways:-
- By completing the survey that you have been sent. There’s another copy below.
- Completing the online survey here.
- By writing to the association.
- By emailing your views to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By speaking to your Housing Officer and asking for your views to be passed on.
- By posting your comments on our Facebook page.
- By commenting using your My Home account.
If you provide your contact details you will be entered into a prize draw for one of five £25 shopping vouchers. The closing date for responses is Friday 7 February 2020.
Your views will be reported to the Board and we will write to you no later than 1 March 2020 advising as to what your rent charge will be from 1 April 2020.