Mutual Exchange

Register to use the service here. You can see what’s available before registering your own house.

You don’t need to be an Ayrshire Housing tenant to register your house. The service is open to tenants of Councils and housing associations across the UK.

Once you have found a potential swop, you must apply to us to progress the exchange using this form:

The other tenant will need to apply to their landlord who may have different rules from us. Please read our own Mutual Exchange Policy.

We may refuse a request for the following reasons:

If we refuse permission we will tell you why if the reason refers to an issue with your tenancy. When you exchange, you must accept the house in the condition you find it. If the decoration is poor, or if the other tenant has damaged the property, we will not repair or redecorate it.