Mortgage to Rent

If you own your home and are in danger of having it repossessed the Scottish Government's Home Owners’ Support Fund may be able to help you.

Under the Mortgage to Rent scheme arrangements can be made for a social landlord such as a housing association or local authority to buy your home and for you to continue living there as a tenant.

Before you can be considered for assistance, you must have obtained independent advice about your financial situation from an approved advisor, for example a Citizens Advice Bureau or Money Advice Centre.

For further information regarding this scheme please visit the pages below:

Scottish Government Home Owners’ Support Fund
Shelter Scotland – Mortgage to Rent Scheme